When you are dealing with a digital world, staying ahead is necessary. If you want to remain up to date, you must stay ahead of the latest trends as a designer. Change is the only constant in the universe, so it makes sense to believe in the statement, “evolve or die,” and this is especially true in the world of technology and design. If you don’t stay up to date, then the inevitable will shake you to your core, and leave you behind in the dust. However, checking out these helpful graphic design and print marketing tips will help you stay on top of your game.
1. The type of paper you choose will help dictate a person’s views, so if you want to make a good impression, catch your customer’s eye by using more “high-end” print pieces. By using high-quality paper, you can help enhance your brand image, all while winning over your audience.
2. Besides using high-quality paper, utilizing contrasting typography within your design can also make quite the impression. While this can be difficult to pull off, if done successfully, it can help ensure that your design will stand out from the crowd. While this may sound simple, finding contrasting fonts that complement and balance each other out is harder than it sounds.
3. If you are designing a banner for your business, which is a great way to generate interest (and it’s often cost-efficient!), then make sure you pay special attention to the font you choose. Using a font that is too small can really limit the effectiveness of the banner since it will be hard to read. So if you want to attract your audience from a distance, make sure you use a font that is large and legible.
4. Keep your design simple, and try your best to avoid information overload. Sticking to the basics, and only including what is necessary, is crucial. Cramming in too much information can muddle the design, and can negatively affect the flow and balance, making your design unappealing to the eye. When a design doesn’t flow, it can be challenging to catch and hold the audience’s attention.
5. One of the biggest mistakes a person often makes when coming up with a design is that they don’t check for grammar and spelling mistakes. Usually, the balance and color(s) of a design take precedence. However, a good design can easily fall to the wayside if you have spelling and grammar mistakes. Nothing looks more unprofessional than having spelling and grammar mistakes present!