Everyone needs a boost of positivity from time to time, and sometimes more than others. Working as a creative can be tough. Just like any profession, burn out can set in, which can lower a person’s overall mood and morale. Maybe a person is going through a rough patch in their life, and it can be challenging to separate work and their personal life, and as a result, it’s affecting their creative output. These kinds of things happen, and it’s okay. Luckily, you are never alone and sometimes it just takes the right words to lift you out of a creative and/or mental slump. To be creative, there needs to be a source of inspiration behind it, and it doesn’t matter if it comes from within or an outside source. For example, inspirational creative quotes can act as a form of motivation to a person’s creative soul, and can even help boost productivity and morale.
According to Mary Garden, an inspirational quote can help “rouse you into productivity and creativity.” In some cases, it just takes a few words of wisdom to help get you out of a rut. If you require some motivation and stimulation, check out these 13 inspirational creative quotes that might just help you get out of that rut.
1. “Inspiration comes and goes. Creativity is the result of practice.” – Phil Cousineau
2. “Creativity doesn’t wait for that perfect moment. It fashions its own perfect moments out of ordinary ones.” – Bruce Garrabrandt
3. “The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.” – Sylvia Plath
4. “The creative adult is the child who survived.” – Ursula LeGuin
5. “If you want to live your life in a creative way, as an artist, you have to not look back too much.” – Steve Jobs
6. “Creativity is a type of learning process where teacher and pupil are located in the same individual.” – Arthur Koestler
7. “The comfort zone is the great enemy to creativity.” – Dan Stevens
8. “Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.” – Coco Chanel
9. “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” – Albert Einstein
10. “To draw, you must close your eyes and sing.” – Pablo Picasso
11. Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Design is knowing which ones to keep.” – Scott Adams
12. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” – Maya Angelou
13. “Don’t think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. You can’t try to do things. You simply must do things.” – Ray Bradbury