It’s that time of year again, the time of gift giving and expressing your love for your family and friends. Many people during this time are focused on finding that perfect gift for their loved ones, and this can be a tough task! While getting a gift for the artist and designer in your life can be difficult, it doesn’t have to be.
The holidays are here, and if you are still stumped on what to get the designer in your life, check out our list of holiday designer gift ideas.
1. Magazine Subscription – No matter where their passion lies, there is a magazine to accommodate. Get your loved one a subscription to a “how to” magazine so they can stay up to date on industry news, product reviews, and receive the latest tips, tricks, and insider secrets.
2. Lap Desk – A simple, yet practical gift that will help protect their investment, a lap desk is a great gift for any digital designer that lives on their laptop. Not only will it make it more comfortable to work on their lap, but it can also help keep their laptop cool. A double win!
3. Books – Despite the Internet, many artists and designers still prefer to have something tangible in their hands. There are a plethora of art and design books available that can help your loved one gain wisdom and inspiration.
4. Posters – There’s nothing better than getting a beautiful poster to hang up on your wall. What better way to beautify a space? If you don’t know which direction to go, take a look at the artwork they already have and ask them to name some of their favorite artists.
5. Sketchbook – This is a necessity for all artists and designers. Creativity can strike at any moment, so give them a place to put down their thoughts and ideas.
6. Pens, Pencils, Ink, Paint, etc. – No matter what their passion is, get them the tools needed to get the job done. Even if they are strictly a digital designer and don’t dabble in fine art, a good set of pens and pencils are always needed. They go great with a sketchbook!
7. Projector – With today’s technology, the price on these have come down quite a bit. There are affordable options now, so you don’t need to break the bank. No matter how much you choose to spend, a projector will surely be appreciated by any creative person.
8. Digital Courses – Maybe your loved one has expressed the desire to broaden their artistic horizons, and if so, digital courses are an excellent and convenient way to learn a new skill.
9. Stylus – Using a stylus on handheld devices is much neater than using your hands, plus some stylus’ are designed to mimic paint brushes and pencils. There are a plethora of options out there. No matter what the designer in your life does, there is a stylus available for them.
10. Protective Case/Cover – Every designer needs to safeguard their tools, and if they own a computer or a tablet, every bit of protection helps. If your loved one has an unprotected product, give them a gift that will contribute to protecting their investment.
11. Speakers – Music is a requirement for many artists and designers, so offer them an outlet for their sound. Speakers are an excellent way to help keep your loved one locked in the creative “flow.”
12. External Storage – External storage devices are always welcome and needed. You can never have too many backups, so getting the designer in your life a USB flash drive or an external hard drive is never a bad idea.